Pinned

Film Project - Lot 2202

Oct 6, 2020 - 12:04 PM

Viewed 444 times

• FORUM CONTRIBUTION PROJECT

When our mobile storefront Outland closed temporarily in March due to Covid, rumblings and ideas began of using that space to make a mockumentary short of the life of a mobile storefront attendant and the challenges he will encounter.

Think the budget feel of Clerks ( but even smaller ). Filmed in the format style of The Office including confessionals and the breaking down the 4th wall. The soul and compassion of Mid90s. The light heartedness and humor of The Big Lebowski.

I wanted to open it up to this forum for ideas. Once the concept is fully laid out @texxasred will write a script based off of this. I will film it with a Cannon GL VHS/Mini DV camera. With the look and feel of a low budget 90s movie.

Main Characters

@texxasred as the Airstream attendant who takes his job seriously but encounters many challenges of the job

@darkwingdom as the endearing disruptive friend who is unaware of the challenges he's creating. Think a young Big Lebowski

Objectives

• Objective for attendant - Manage airstream as best he can with all the curve balls he will receive throughout the day.

• Objective for buddy - Likable but clueless of being in the way.
      Arrived ready to tailgate but came with a purpose and goal beyond that. Had a story to share with attendant but struggles to tell it with all the distractions, customers and other events that take place. Short ends with the buddy finishing his story that ties the whole day together.

The challenges @darkwingdom presents

• Buddy arrives with cooler and music. Starts morning off with a mimosas continuing on by rolling cigs and drinking beers with music obnoxious and disruptive.

• Wants some custom leather work knowing he can't pay for it.

• Trying to haggle throughout the day to get items on sale

• Obvious ladies man

• Leads you on about getting a wallet but buys a sticker instead. Asks for a second one on the house.

• Constantly asking you if he should be worried about about something..

• Shows up before getting finished everything set up

• Spills coffee on counter

• Trying to build his Instagram following obnoxiously has people take photos of him throughout the day.

• Attendant steps away to get coffee at Mila. Requests you get him one.
      While attendant is away he sits behind register as if he works there and tries his best to sell items.

• Changes the shops music inside pumps up the volume.

Set / Props / equipment we have access to

• Cannon GL VHS camera with a documentary feeling.
    • Audio by @filmschooldropout
    • 1999 Honda CRV intro montage for @darkwingdom ( long zoom shots rolling down broadway ) cigaret, Windows down, CD player. 1-2 mins long
    • The parking Lot with 10 trailers surrounding.

All ideas / Concepts welcome!

UPDATE 10/20/20

Directed by: Falcon Craft-Rubio
    Written by: Austin Jean, Flacon Craft-Rubio
    Starring: Dominic Rubio as the Buddy, Austin Jean as the Attendant

Synopsis: On a Saturday at the Broadway News lot, Austin is expecting a calm yet successful day of work. What Austin doesn’t know is that his rambunctious friend and all around annoyance, Dominic, is ready to party.

Opening Scene:

Synopsis: On a Saturday at the Broadway News lot, Austin is expecting a calm yet successful day of work. What Austin doesn’t know is that his rambunctious friend and all around annoyance, Dominic, is ready to party.

Opening Scene:

Nighttime Dom’s apartment:

The film opens, the camera is unfocused with the sound of footsteps in the distance getting closer, and in the background we can hear the camera man (Falcon) telling Dom what the shot is he is about to shoot and what he needs Dom to do. The filming officially starts with a shot following Dom’s feet as they’re walking towards the kitchen. (Spliced throughout is an opening montage of Dom’s apartment featuring his various unique collections.) The camera then stops and the shot is focused on Dom rustling around in the kitchen. We see Dom opening the fridge and getting out the milk, while the camera is zooming in.

We then cut to a scene of Dom showing us how he makes his strawberry milk, going through all the steps. After Dom is done with his tutorial, he tells the camera crew:

“Ya’ll are welcome to keep filming but I need to get my head right for a big day of work tomorrow!”

(But Dom still wants the attention)

We then see him put in a tape into his cassette player and plays, “Caribbean Blue” by Enya.

We then transition to Dom going through his nightly routine. He’s rolls out an old bath rug and puts his hair up and puts on a headband. The viewer thinks that Dom is abut to do a nightly yoga routine. Wrong. It’s Duck Hunt. He starts by screwing in the cables to the back of the TV and sets up the game, (blowing on the cartridge, turning on the machine, getting into stance with his gun). Finally stretches for about 20 seconds and starts going to town. He plays with such grace. His form is proper and holds the gun with a steady hand and a strong arm. (The shots swoop back and fourth between Dom shooting and the ducks being shot). He casually asks if the camera is getting “all of this” and is asking for a slow motion shot. The battle is intense and by the end of the game Dom has worked up a sweat and an appetite. He cleans up his game and rolls his “yoga mat” back up and shakes off his workout. As we see Dom quench his thirst with his strawberry milk, he transitions from play mode, to work mode. Laid out we see several VHS tapes, most of them are real movies, but one VHS tape in particular is labeled, Dom’s Super Movie: Batman vs. Gremlins. Next to the VHS is a tape recorder. It’s tonight’s work. He inserts Batman into the VHS player and pauses it once it is about to start. He then goes into the kitchen for some fuel.

With the camera focused on Dom in the kitchen, he is explaining his project and why he doesn’t put it on youtube.

We hear but cannot see that he is pouring cereal into a bowl. He continues to grab milk from the fridge and pours it into the bowl, (it’s important that we can’t see what the cereal is). He then grabs a spoon, a knife and a banana, and walks back to the living-room to sit on the couch and work. As he starts to play his movie, he peels his banana and cuts it into slices. He then takes the slices and sprinkles them on top of his cereal, its Cookie Crisp. In-between eating and watching TV, Dom is pausing the movie and recording various time stamps for the film on his tape recorder. After awhile he takes out Batman and puts in Gremlins. Once he puts it in, he fast forwards it to a certain part and goes back on the couch with his cereal and recorder. As he watches and records time codes again, he starts yawning frequently and slowly starts fighting the urge to fall asleep. Finally the camera pans out as Dom nods off. We then cut to the camera focused on a sleeping Dom followed by a swooping shot to the TV screen, zooming into the static abyss.

We then transition to the morning, the camera is still focused on the TV but starts to zoom out, letting us know that Dom has slept through the night. The camera then focuses in on Dom on the couch. He wakes up suddenly and asks the crew, “what fucking time is man?”- “Would you mind waking me back up in 15 minutes, I gotta get ready for my big day of work.” Finally he wakes up again and gets up from the couch, yawning and stretching but is in a daze. We then cut to the camera watching Dom get ready for work. We can see through a small opening in the door to the bathroom that he is taking a bubble bath. He has a shower cap on and is singing to himself, there is no music playing however. We then cut to a bit later in the morning and Dom is finishing getting ready. His morning routine is almost a chaotic dance. He is combing his mustache, putting is hair in a bun, getting all nice and ready. He is wearing a Hawaiian shirt and jorts. The jorts however are not in frame. Over his Hawaiian shirt he puts on a sport coat. It’s not new, the fibers of the sports coat and splitting. He then proceeds to button his shirt all the way up and clips on a tie. The next shot is overhead view of him sweeping into his porter- comics book, a cd player, and his gameboy. As he’s leaving he’s feeling himself in the mirror by the door. He is admiring his tie and sport coat look and feels like a real professional. He then lets out a sigh of relief. We can hear in the background “The Ocean” by Led Zeppelin start to fade in-

"We've done four already but now we're steady

And then they went: One, two, three, four"

And as the music starts and the guitar kicks, we are in the car with Dom driving to work.

Cut To:

A put together Austin. He’s dressed, cleaned, ready for the day. He’s finishing up making an omelet and is about to eat. He’s listing to Iron & Wine. It’s a calm morning. He finishes up breakfast, cleaning up a bit and pulls out a lunchbox from the fridge. He brushes his teeth. Turns off the lights, and is out the door. Lunchbox in hand, backpack on his shoulders. We follow him all the way to the car. He gets in, starts the car, and buckles up.

Cut To:

Led Zeppelin keeps blaring as we see Dom cruising down Broadway. Windows down, trying to roll a cig while driving. Zeppelin is now playing through the radio.

Cut To:

Austin slowly driving away from his apartment. Calm music playing.

Cut To:

Exterior Shot The camera is posted up by Appler St., we now see Dom’s destination, it’s Broadway News. We then see Dom whipping down Appler St. recklessly. Dom goes to park but isn’t good at it. He bumps the curb but thinks he’s good. Car turns off, music stops. He gets out of the car. The camera pans up onto the Dom, cig behind his ear, ready to party.

Cut To:

Austin driving down Broadway.

Cut To:

Dom is unloading his car. Cooler, Ice, Drinks. And is rolling it all onto the lot. It’s early. Hardly anyone in sight. He walks up to the Outland Provisions airstream. We start to think he is the attendant. He goes up to the door and realizes its locked. Instead of opening the door, he looks at his watch and knows he’s early.

Cut To:

Cut To:

Dom on the bench laying down. All his gear for the day neatly organized. A calm before the chaos.

Cut To:

Austin is coming up on Broadway News, signing his blinker and patiently turning onto Appler St. going at about 2mph. He is careful and attentive. He goes to park and notices Dom’s car very crookedly parked. “Oh no”, he whispers under his breath. He knows he’s about to “have a day”.

End Opening Sequence.

Scene 1:

We see Austin getting out of the car. Grabbing his backpack, reluctant. It’s quiet. He walks onto the lot and sees Dom laying on the bench. Sunglasses on. He has headphones on. Over the ear. Portable CD-Rom playing sitting on his chest. Singing out loud. Austin walks past him, hoping he is unnoticed. And goes straight for the airstream. The sound of unlocking the door catches Dom’s attention. Austin sets his stuff down inside the airstream and comes back out with the window keys. Dom leaves his bench and recklessly knocks over his soda. He doesn’t pick it up yet.

Dom: What up brotha?! super engaged

Austin: Hey man...

Dom: Sorry, I would’ve set it up for you before you got here but I didn’t have a key.

Austin is confused, and turns and looks at him, puzzled, “why would he be given a key”

Austin is getting less enthusiastic. He more focused on getting the airstream opened and ready before 10am. Austin starts unlocking the windows. Dom comes behind him and helps take the shutters off.

Austin: Meeting up with someone today?

He is hoping Dom isn’t going to deliver him some bad news.

Dom: Nah man, I thought I’d kick it with you again today. But don’t worry, I have some magazines, extra batteries for my CD player, I’ll hardly be in the way.

Like clockwork, as soon as Dom says that he drops a shutter, causing a loud rippling noise to pierce through the lot. Dom goes to pick up the shutter and Austin looks at the camera, he takes a deep breath, his nostrils flair, he clinches his lips together and shakes his hand.

Dom: (bent over, picking up the shutter) My bad, my hands are a little sweaty. He chuckles

Austin stares for a second and then proceeds to walk away.

Cut To: Confessional #1

We see Austin standing by the door of the airstream, distraught, he talks to the camera and says,

Austin: Yeah, it’s going to be a really long day. Really long day.

As Austin is speaking the camera pans behind and we see Dom, picking up the knocked over can of soda from earlier. Questioning, he then proceeds to shake the can to see if any soda is left, there is, he takes a drink.

End Scene.

Scene 2:

We open on Dom, in line for a coffee, he’s jamming out with his headphones on, miming a drum solo, oblivious of his surroundings. We then cut to a confessional by Outland airstream:

Cut To: Confessional #2

Dom: Oh yeah, this is the best coffee in town. If I didn’t already work here (slaps airstream, camera quickly pans and zooms in on Austin sitting inside, looking up after hearing Dom slaps, visibly annoyed) , I’d go work for these guys.

Cut To:

Dom is now ordering his coffee. But he actually doesn’t order a coffee, he hates coffee, he gets a chocolate milking with cinnamon sprinkled.

Cut To: Confessional #3

Dom sipping on his milk on the ledge of the airstream.

Dom: (confident) Best coffee in town.

Camera pans up and Austin is starring through the window shaking his head. 

End Scene.

Scene 3:

We start with an exterior shot of the airstream. Time has passed, we can tell this by Dom’s almost emptied chocolate milk, he’s sitting outside playing his game oh. We then zoom in on a customer entering the airstream.

Cut To:

Interior airstream shot. Customer enters and Austin there to greet them. He goes on his selling points and he and the customer are roaming around the airstream discussing product. The camera then quickly pans to Dom standing outside the doorway. His eyes are laser focused on the sale, field notes and pencil in hand taking notes, blindly. As Austin finishes up with the customer he walks back to the counter and notices Dom.

Austin: What are you writing down?

Dom: Just observing the professional, you know, Incase I need to take over for you.

Austin: I think I got this, thank you though.

Cut To: Confessional #4

Austin is behind the desk.

Austin: Just so we’re clear, he doesn’t work here.

The customer is done with shopping and approaches with his items, it’s a few stickers.

Cut To: Confessional #5

Dom: Not to bad. We just got our first sale of the day. Austin’s pretty good at this.

End Scene.

Scene 4:

We start inside the airstream with Dom and Austin. Austin is behind the desk, Dom just in front of him flipping through a magazine, surprise surprises, it’s Forbes. He has a couple Fruit Rollups wrapped around his finger chewing on them and is drinking another soda, picking it up and putting it down occasionally. Dom starts talking to Austin about the content inside. Austin is barely engaged, he’s flipping through the iPad.

Dom: Man I really wish I would’ve started investing a lot younger.

Austin: (half paying attention) Yeah that’s crazy.

Dom: It says here that if I were to invest $1,000 in Apple 10 years ago, my investment would’ve been worth $13,000 now.

Austin: Did you even have $1,000 to your name 10 years ago?

Dom: Yeah that was just after my accident.

Cut To: Confessional #6

Dom is outside the airstream around the back sitting on the tailpipe smoking a cig.

Dom: I was hit by a school bus. Well I accidentally fell off my scooter and hit my head on the school bus. But it was illegally parked so they gave me a settlement.

• Let’s give Dom a chance to decide what made him the cash so he can buy into his role. He can decide this works or pick something totally different Cut Back To Original Scene:

Austin: That’s right. It’s kind of funny how you were able to scoot around the court and win that case.

Dom: Don’t joke about that man, it was really traumatically.

Camera swoops to Austin’s face, confused about Dom’s grammar.

Cut Back To Confessional #6:

Dom (choked up): and that’s where my fear of school buses comes from.

Customers then proceed to enter the airstream

Dom cont.:Op, we got some customers.

Dom puts out his cigarette and walks to the door again pulling out his notepad and pencil.

End Scene.

Scene 5:

Dom is again sitting in the chair outside. This time he is wearing rollerblades, bobbing to music. The camera then pans to Austin walking out of the airstream. He’s trying to get Dom’s attention.

Austin: Dom!

No answer.

Austin: Dom?

No answer. Austin then approaches Dom.

Austin: Dom!!

Dom: Yo what’s up brotha??

Austin: Hey I really have to go to the bathroom. Can you please just keep an eye on the airstream for a minute? If anyone comes in just say the attendant will be back in a minute. Please.

Dom: (excitedly) Fo’sho, I got you!

Dom starts to get out of the chair on his skates.

• Audio that he’s listening to overwhelms the audio of the scene and he’s actually watching how to skate tips but pretends he’s great at it already. Austin: You don’t need to get up or anything just if someone walks in let them know I’m just using the restroom really fast.

Dom: okie dokie!!

Austin starts to walk away. After he has cleared Dom gets up to skate his way to the airstream. He struggles with getting inside, having to duck super low given his new height. He goes to sit behind the counter and is loving it. He feels like he belongs. Low and behold, a customer walks in. Dom sees this as his moment.

Dom: Hey man, welcome into the shop, first time in?

Customer: No I’ve been by several times. Just always looking around, seeing what’s new.

Dom: Fo’sho, Fo’sho.

Customer starts walking around airstream while Dom secretly pulls out his notebook. Obviously reading from it he says:

Dom: So we make all the product by hand here in San Antonio, I’m one of the craftsmen so if you have any questions let me know.

Customer: Alright thanks man!

Customer is casually walking around and comes across the porter in the back. He picks it up and inspects the bag and admires the craftsmanship.

Customer: Hey are there straps for this bag?

Dom: Yes, it isn’t on the bag?

Customer: No.

Dog gets up from behind the desk and awakardly wheels his way to the back of the airstream. Ducking. Grabbing onto the counter tops for balance. It isn’t graceful. He’s knocking over product. The customer is confused but isn’t deterred!

Customer: Dude badass. You blade?

Dim and the customer start talking about rolling blading. The conversation then shifts back to the bag and Dom is starting to sell to him, and is selling it well. As Dom feels like he has the customer almost sold on the bag, he makes him an offer he isn’t to really sell it.

• Maybe this scene cuts to a confessional about how he almost had the sale talking about roller blading.
    • Possibly all customers are only filmed from their shoes or hands. Ill explain

Dom: So how about this, if you get the bag I’ll throw in any of our standard wallets free of charge!

Customer: Duuuuude!

Dom: Duuuuuuuude!!

Customer: Oof, that’s such a good offer. I’m just not sure if I need this bag or not.

Dom: You need it man! I made one for myself a couple years ago and I get complements on it all the time. It’s the ultimate accessory. If you buy and aren’t in love with it we’ll give you a full refund within 7 days of your purchase.

Customer: (thinking, hesitant) ok man deal! And you said I can get anyone the standard wallets?

Dom: Fo’sho dude, any of these brown wallets here.

Customer: I’ve been really eying the vertical for awhile!

Dom: Get it brother, it’s such a badass piece.

Dom then heads to the counter to ring up the customer and is confused on how to use the POS system. He ultimately figures it out and completes the sale. As the customer is leaving the airstream walking in the lot, we see Austin coming back from the bathroom. Austin notices the porter in the customers hands and immediately runs up to the customer.

Austin: Hey did you just buy that?

Customer: Yeah man! I got it over at the leather store over there.
    (Points towards Outland)
    The guy working there gave me a sweet deal on it too! You should go check them out. That guy was awesome.

Austin is panicked. He’s not sure of what he can do at this point. He tells the customer:

Austin: Right on man!

Cut To: Confessional #7

Oh. My. Gosh.

Austin runs over to the airstream and sees Dom working to get out of the airstream in his skates.

Austin: Did you just sell a porter?!

Dom: Don’t worry brotha, I knew exactly what to do. I learned from the best!

Austin: Wait what? He said you gave me a deal on the bag!!

Dom: Yeah I threw in a free vertical wallet for him. I thought I’ve seen you do something similar?

Austin: Oh... but did he pay full price for the bag?

Dom: You know it brotha!

Austin: Oh.
    (Austin is impressed)
    Austin: Well good job man, wait... how did you ring him up?

Austin walks into the airstream and checks the iPad to make sure Dom did it correctly. Dom has trouble turning around since he’s in his blades. But he can get to the airstream Austin is already inside. Dom wheels over towards the door.

Dom: I had some trouble figuring it out but I’m pretty sure I got it?

Austin: Yeah, you did! Good job man, thank you!

Don smiles. He feels validated.

Cut To: Confessional #7:

It’s just Dom outside the airstream. He doesn’t say anything at first but we can tell he’s choked up. He’s proud of himself.

End Scene.

This post was edited Oct 21, 2020 06:01PM

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • I think the costuming for Dom has him in swim short, a tank top with an open Hawaiian shirt, for sure with a bandana on and in flip flops

@texxasred on IG
  • I haven’t anything constructive to offer except: Cool idea...can’t wait to see it! 🎥

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • I don't know where to put the scene but can there be one where @texxasred is getting a coffee and @darkwingdom walks up with a very expensive item outside the storefront asking how much it is.

Deer's are terrible mathematicians
  • Also I want a scene where the buddy ask to borrow a leather coaster for a foaming beer that goes like this
    Attendant is sitting outside as buddy powerwalks with a beer bursting with foam
    Buddy: Can you do a real solid?
    A annoyed attendant with his face in his hands: By?
    Buddy: Byyy letting me borrow one of them coaster inside for this mess!
    Attendant: (visible frustration)

Moment of confessional shot
    Attendant: He can't be serious about this
    Buddy: I am serious about this

• @theengineerdeer yessss😂😂 that is genuinely genius add! I believe you deserve a producer credit

@texxasred on IG
  • @texxasred can I just be credited as Deer on set for how funny it sounds

This post was edited Oct 7, 2020 09:38PM

• @theengineerdeer yes! So good.

• Perhaps while @texxasred is making a sale, @darkwingdom can pass him a lit joint.

@darkwingdom “Ear.”
    @texxasred “What!?”
    @darkwingdom “Ear, man.”
    @texxasred ”Seriously. What is wrong with you?

Customer hits the joint and wanders off.

This post was edited Oct 8, 2020 04:43PM

• @insolentcur Brilliant!

• @darkwingdom “Pull my finger.”

• Sorry for the delay, limited connectivity the last few days. Dig it so far! I was gonna say lounge shorts/robe or kimono but down with the Hawaiian style if y’all feel that’s more fitting.

Proud cat Dad. Zissou, I love you.
  • @texxasred “Dude, what’s that smell?”
    @darkwingdom ”What smell?”
    @texxasred ”How can you not smell that?”
    @darkwingdom ”Smell what?”
    @southtexasrover ”Oh man, what did you step in?”
    @darkwingdom ”Oh...thaaaaat smell. Um...you got something...hey this’ll work.” @darkwingdom picks up a Bexar bandana and starts wiping dogsh*t off of his flip flop.

• Rough Draft: Opening Sequence

Opening Scene:

The Film starts black. “The Ocean” by Led Zeppelin playing. As the guitar comes in, the shot is fixated on a waking Dominic. Our introduction to Dom isn’t glamourous. Shirtless, burping and less than usual stretching. He’s morning routine is almost a chaotic dance. He pours himself a bowl of cereal, accidentally pouring too much and uses his hand to put some of the access back in the box. He goes to get the milk out of the fridge but sees he’s got only a small amount of milk left. He uses his hand to put the rest of the cereal out of the box, skipping breakfast, grabbing a drink instead (non-alcoholic, something unusual). He starts to get ready, combing his mustache, putting is hair in a bun, putting on the bandana. He grabs his favorite Hawaiian shirt and is out the door. Dom approaches his car and gets a glimpse of his appearance in the window, he’s loving it. He gets in the car and whips out of his driveway. Zeppelin still blaring, but intensifies.

Cut To:

Austin driving to work. The scene is less chaotic than the previous. We’re not sure who Austin is or where he’s driving. We just know that he is stark contrast to Dom. He pulls up to Central Market parks, get outs and causally walks inside.

Cut To:

Led Zeppelin keeps blaring as we see Dom cruising down Broadway. Windows down, trying to roll a cig while driving. Zeppelin is now playing through the radio.

Cut To:

Exterior Shot

The camera is posted up by Appler St., we now see Dom’s destination, it’s Broadway News. We then see Dom whipping down Appler St. recklessly. Dom goes to park but isn’t good at it. He bumps the curb but thinks he’s good. Car turns off, music stops. He gets out of the car. The camera pans up onto the Dom, cig behind his ear, ready to party.

Cut To:

Austin walking out of Central Market with something healthy (salad bowl or fruit) and a water. Getting back into his car and leaves the parking lot.

Cut To:

Dom is unloading his car. Cooler, Ice, Drinks. And is rolling it all onto the lot. It’s early. Hardly anyone in sight. He walks up to the Outland Provisions airstream. We start to think he is the attendant. He goes up to the door and realizes its locked. Instead of opening the door, he looks at his watch and knows he’s early.

Cut To:

Cut To:

Dom on the bench laying down. All his gear for the day neatly organized. A calm before the chaos.

Cut To:

Austin is coming up on Broadway News, signing his blinker and patiently turning onto Appler St. going at about 2mph. He is careful and attentive. He goes to park and notices Dom’s car very crookedly parked. “Oh no”, he whispers under his breath. He knows he’s about to “have a day”.

End Opening Sequence.

@texxasred on IG
  • texxasred. :
    Rough Draft: Opening Sequence
    Opening Scene:
    The Film starts black. “The Ocean” by Led Zeppelin playing. As the guitar comes in, the shot is fixated on a waking Dominic. Our introduction to Dom isn’t glamourous. Shirtless, burping and less than usual stretching. He’s morning routine is almost a chaotic dance. He pours himself a bowl of cereal, accidentally pouring too much and uses his hand to put some of the access back in the box. He goes to get the milk out of the fridge but sees he’s got only a small amount of milk left. He uses his hand to put the rest of the cereal out of the box, skipping breakfast, grabbing a drink instead (non-alcoholic, something unusual). He starts to get ready, combing his mustache, putting is hair in a bun, putting on the bandana. He grabs his favorite Hawaiian shirt and is out the door. Dom approaches his car and gets a glimpse of his appearance in the window, he’s loving it. He gets in the car and whips out of his driveway. Zeppelin still blaring, but intensifies.
    Cut To:
    Austin driving to work. The scene is less chaotic than the previous. We’re not sure who Austin is or where he’s driving. We just know that he is stark contrast to Dom. He pulls up to Central Market parks, get outs and causally walks inside.
    Cut To:
    Cut To:
    Exterior Shot
    The camera is posted up by Appler St., we now see Dom’s destination, it’s Broadway News. We then see Dom whipping down Appler St. recklessly. Dom goes to park but isn’t good at it. He bumps the curb but thinks he’s good. Car turns off, music stops. He gets out of the car. The camera pans up onto the Dom, cig behind his ear, ready to party.
    Cut To:
    Austin walking out of Central Market with something healthy (salad bowl or fruit) and a water. Getting back into his car and leaves the parking lot.
    Cut To:
    Cut To:
    Cut To:
    Cut To:
    End Opening Sequence.

It's all coming together

• A potential paying customer arrives. @texxasred looks up and nods hello and says if you need any help, let me know
    @darkwingdom is sitting outside in a cheap lounge chair sipping a beverage. He begins to yell product suggestions at the customer inside, providing heavy hints about the ones he'd like to buy, if he had the money.
    @texxasred tries to ignore him at first, but starts to get annoyed -- more annoyed than the customer. An arguement ensues, and the customer slinks off. This leads to another argument about whether @darkwingdom ran off a customer. @darkwingdom blames @texxasred for losing his cool.

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke
  • @bryanb that’s good! 👏

@texxasred this is helpful
    https://youtu.be/qQ2UtHMtOZk

• And this @texxasred
    https://youtu.be/XATONsyKml0

• I like how the script came along! I like the detail of the intro in characterizing the chaotic between the calm

This post was edited Nov 7, 2020 04:09PM

• We’ve started shooting

AC14673E-30A5-40C7-83AD-33E9054D3C3D.jpg

10E0710E-479C-4E79-86C5-45874DBD4B70.jpg