The Wolf of Snow Hollow

Oct 28, 2020 - 7:23 PM

Viewed 158 times

• Has anyone seen this film? If so, what did you think? I didn’t know anything about it until I recently read a review that gave it a ton of praise. Not sure where to watch it except for Xfinity On Demand for $15, which I haven’t been willing to do just yet.

https://youtu.be/q03zOoH-hGo

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/reviews/1150686-beyond-fest-the-wolf-of-snow-hollow-review-subversive-offbeat-quietly-thrilling

• I’ve actually been tempted to see this as well. It has a feel of Fargo but with werewolves. The moment is gonna pass soon where the season has changed and we might not wanna watch a Halloween feeling movie... I might just go for it. Let me know if you do!

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • I ended up renting it and watched it twice on back to back nights. It’s kind of hard to review without going into spoiler territory, but I will say it’s definitely worth seeing and set yourself up to see it a second time if possible. The dialogue is somewhat fast-paced and as a who dunnit film every little bit matters. It is a truly odd film with sequences that can have you laughing out loud while watching the aftermath of a homicide play out. My biggest complaint would be the that the big finale was a bit of a letdown with it feeling a bit rushed and somewhat inconclusive. After watching twice it seems like there are a lot of loose ends that aren’t really tied up, but at the same time that may have been the intention because it does feel like a well thought out film.

• @keithsaunders ok! Good to know. Would you say its scary? Over the top? Ridiculous. Tis the season haha

• @hollywoodjefe it’s got some suspenseful moments but nothing where I was covering my eyes or really on the edge of my seat. The gore and blood factor is fairly mild compared to a lot of films these days. It’s much more of a character driven movie. The outbursts from the lead character are kind of hilarious even when he’s being a total prick to anyone and everyone. I wouldn’t say it’s over the top or ridiculous, just bizarre. It’s a unique film and not too easy to compare to other movies.

• Im gonna try and watch tomorrow. Thanks for the review!

• @keithsaunders , I just watched it. It seems like it could be a cult classic. It’s definitely bizarre with some strangeness throughout the movie. I enjoyed it. It’s worth watching a leader one time. I agree the ending felt a little rushed. If you watch it you will like it.

Sure don't know what I'm going for.
  • @bigjrads I’m glad you took a chance on watching it and that you enjoyed it! I’m hoping to come across it on Blu-ray at some point to get some behind the scenes or “making of” special features.

• Keith Saunders (@keithsaunders):
    @bigjrads I’m glad you took a chance on watching it and that you enjoyed it! I’m hoping to come across it on Blu-ray at some point to get some behind the scenes or “making of” special features.

Cool, I'm definitely watching it again.

Sure don't know what I'm going for.
  • @keithsaunders thanks for the recommendation. Definitely has a cult vibe.