Best style of pizza

Sep 15, 2020 - 8:36 PM

Viewed 246 times

• Vote which style of pizza tastes the best in your opinion

Keep on camping!
  • @matthewschaub I voted for New York pizza but if you’re making Detroit style I’d vote for yours. That is sooooooo good. Let’s do it soon!

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • So lately I’ve been eating domino’s, mainly because it’s right down the street from my apt. Not only do they have great pizza which is nostalgic, they also kill it with the side of chicken and the chocolate lava cake 🔥

West TX 🤘🏼
  • @khodge I keep falling in the domino trap. The app has gotten so simple and I build points so quickly for free pizzas. I normally pick a thin crust with pepperoni. Not because it’s good but because I feel less guilty.

When I’m feeling risky I get the cheesy bread, a pan pizza with alfredo sauce, chicken, cheese, bacon and brownies on the side with a Diet Coke to watch my figure 🤭

• New York followed by Detroit, with Chicago rounding out the top three.

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke
  • I’m such a sucker for deep dish. I am a weirdo that doesn’t like crust, so I like the thicker texture of deep dish za.

You’ll have that.
  • @hollywoodjefe I like how you ended that on a Diet Coke 😂

West TX 🤘🏼
  • @khodge Gotta cut calories where I can! haha

• Hollywood Jefe:
    @khodge I keep falling in the domino trap. The app has gotten so simple and I build points so quickly for free pizzas. I normally pick a thin crust with pepperoni. Not because it’s good but because I feel less guilty.
    When I’m feeling risky I get the cheesy bread, a pan pizza with alfredo sauce, chicken, cheese, bacon and brownies on the side with a Diet Coke to watch my figure 🤭

The last 10 orders I've had were Dominos but I'd like to think I am better than that... although I can happily enjoy almost ALL pizza styles.

just do it :: IG: @guyrubio
  • Don’t forget New Haven. Yes, you read that right...New Haven, CT. They make a fine pie.

I favor thin crispy crusts. And while Chicago style “pizza” is delicious, I call it “pizza casserole.”

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • I’ve never tried this, but I want to. I’m not Keto; can’t do it (md directive), but I came across a Keto pizza recipe that uses shredded, cooked chicken for the crust! I’ll try it sometime in the next month or two, I’ll report back. I mean seriously...a meat crust!?

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • New York Style is the God-King of pizza. Can't be beat.

- M.
  • I voted NY. We go to New York once a year for before Christmas. I love it there and the pizza. Here’s my honest opinion New York weather is fucken terrible. Their pizza is good but shit man sometimes I just want some mountain Mike’s! Feel like NY is all about Hype. It’s good but take it easy. Everything is the best in the world there

Go Noles!
  • Insolent Cur:
    I’ve never tried this, but I want to. I’m not Keto; can’t do it (md directive), but I came across a Keto pizza recipe that uses shredded, cooked chicken for the crust! I’ll try it sometime in the next month or two, I’ll report back. I mean seriously...a meat crust!?

OOF. That does sound pretty great...

- M.
  • @mcowenaudio agreed it can't be beat. I love New York Style. I recently was in New York for about 6 hours on a layover and took a cab into the city. Unfortunately I didn't know of the best pizza spot to hit up. I wanted to do a quick Pizza tour but that failed.
    Anyone got any pizza recommendations in New York City?

• On a unrelated note, does anyone like lasagna?

Deer's are terrible mathematicians
  • @theengineerdeer its not necessarily a favorite of mine but I had it once at a restaurant in New England and it changed my outlook on what a good lasagna is! It for sure needs a good meat sauce

@texxasred on IG
  • I definitely like the traditional italian styles with thinner crust and less cheese/sauce personally. If we're picking from the cheap, easy options, I'll take a Domino's thin crust with pepperoni and jalapenos every time!

Johnny D Nature's Heroes IG @natures.heroes Mile High Basketball 🏀
  • The Engineer Deer:
    On a unrelated note, does anyone like lasagna?

Yes, I love it. But I pretty much love all Italian-American food.

This post was edited Oct 1, 2020 07:39PM

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke
  • You gotta love a New York style pizza from John's in the Village, or Ben's on the corner of 4th street and McDougall.

Sure don't know what I'm going for.