Curried Dishes

Sep 19, 2020 - 3:58 PM

Viewed 112 times

• I like cooking with Curry. I've been making curried shrimp with squid. Curried chicken, and curried lamb. Once you get a good standard curry recipe then you can put almost any kind of protein you have. I will post my recipe later on.

Sure don't know what I'm going for.
  • Your curried shrimp is ridiculously good. Too bad you live so damn far away! Your brother needs a good curry fix!

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • My grandmother used to make deer curry every winter. It’s one of my favorite dishes ever!

You’ll have that.
  • YetiRover:
    My grandmother used to make deer curry every winter. It’s one of my favorite dishes ever!

@yetirover Holy shit! Venison curry! I bet it was good. My landlord hunts and slides me some venison when he has a good season. Hopefully I’ll make some venison curry this year. Venison chili is pretty damn good too.

• Coconut curry shrimp is delicious! I was turned onto this by the boys in SA at Pinch 🤏 ❤️

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • Hello all you cooks out there, here is my curried shrimp recipe.

2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
    1 pound cleaned and deveined large shrimp
    1 cup minced onion
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon minced ginger
    2 tablespoons curry powder
    1 cup coconut milk
    1 teaspoon turmeric powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
    1 Serrano pepper or less depending on how hot you want you dish to taste.
    1 tablespoon green curry paste.
    2 tablespoons fish sauce

heat the oil in a large skillet at medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger and Serrano pepper until mixture is a pasty texture.
    Add curry powder, cumin, turmeric and mix with the onions.
    Add 1 cup coconut mild and the curry paste.
    let that cook down to almost a pasty texture and then add shrimp. the moisture from the shrimp will lose up your sauce. add the fish sauce to taste. also add a pinch of salt to taste as well. cook the shrimp for approx. 3 to 4 min. until shrimp in pink in color.
    Serve over Jasmine rice or regular rice.

Enjoy and let me know how it comes out.

• @bigjrads Thanks for that. Ive never attempted to make Curried shrimp before. @zachschoenfelt You Down?! Well follow up once we make it

• bigjrads:
    Hello all you cooks out there, here is my curried shrimp recipe.
    1 cup minced onion
    1 cup coconut milk
    2 tablespoons fish sauce
    heat the oil in a large skillet at medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger and Serrano pepper until mixture is a pasty texture.
    let that cook down to almost a pasty texture and then add shrimp. the moisture from the shrimp will lose up your sauce. add the fish sauce to taste. also add a pinch of salt to taste as well. cook the shrimp for approx. 3 to 4 min. until shrimp in pink in color.

Oh this is exactly what I needed. I've never attempted to make curry, always seemed impossible. Also, @yetirover Deer Curry sounds amazing. Do you have a recipe? Sounds exactly what I need for a winter meal.

Thanks for sharing!

• bigjrads:
    Hello all you cooks out there, here is my curried shrimp recipe.
    1 cup minced onion
    1 cup coconut milk
    2 tablespoons fish sauce

Thanks for the share! I’m stoked to try it.

@zachschoenfelt unfortunately I don’t have a recipe. My grandmother would always leave something out in her verbal instructions. I’ve hyped this dish up enough, so I’ll make it a goal to try and recreate it from memory and taste this hunting season!

You’ll have that.
  • The deer curry sounds amazing. I'd like to try to make it some day.

• let me know who makes the curried shrimp recipe and how it turns out. thank you

• Has anyone tried my recipe for curried shrimp?

• bigjrads:
    Has anyone tried my recipe for curried shrimp?

I have...but it was at your house and you cooked it. It was pretty damn good. 😂

• @bigjrads I’m planning on doing it soon!

• I have another recipe that I am going to post later. In the mean time here are some pictures of stuffed shells that I made the other night.

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

• YetiRover:
    Thanks for the share! I’m stoked to try it.
    @zachschoenfelt unfortunately I don’t have a recipe. My grandmother would always leave something out in her verbal instructions. I’ve hyped this dish up enough, so I’ll make it a goal to try and recreate it from memory and taste this hunting season!

My grandmother did the same thing. She was afraid people would take her dishes to the church potlucks. Too funny!

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke