• Forums
  • Food
  • What restaurant was your go to recommendation?

What restaurant was your go to recommendation?

Sep 22, 2020 - 8:24 PM

Viewed 111 times

• Before the lockdown, people usually came down to Texas for all such of food be it BBQ to Whataburger. Whenever you had to recommend or take someone from out of state to try the food here, what was your go to place? I personally could never go wrong with Bill Millers

This post was edited Sep 22, 2020 08:27PM

Deer's are terrible mathematicians
  • @theengineerdeer you every been to Taco Palenque? I go once a week minimum. Simple chicken fajitas.

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • @hollywoodjefe Despite my fascination with tacos I've surprisingly not heard a thing about that place but usually I go to a new place and try their beans and chorizo so I'll give that go

This post was edited Sep 22, 2020 09:49PM

• @theengineerdeer well let me
    start off by saying it’s fast food.... Not a mom and pop taco place. It’s basically a way better replacement for Taco Cabana which is a shell of its former self.

This post was edited Sep 22, 2020 09:49PM

• @hollywoodjefe yeah I kinda notice that about Taco Cabana when their steak fajitas just don't taste the same, still greasy though.

• Killen’s Barbecue in Pearland and Viola & Agnes in Seabrook are both great. Teotihuacan in Houston is really good. Houston just has so many good places in general. It helps to know what someone is looking for.

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke
  • Hollywood Jefe:
    @theengineerdeer well let me
    start off by saying it’s fast food.... Not a mom and pop taco place. It’s basically a way better replacement for Taco Cabana which is a shell of its former self.

When I was in high school, TC had great beef fajita tacos. I still miss those.

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke
  • The Oyster Bar in Olympia, WA for some late night happy hour oyster shooters, New Moon Coop (https://www.newmooncafe.coop/ ) in Olympia, WA for Eggs Benedict and May’s (https://www.maykitchen.com/ ) on Vashon Island for good cocktails and pad thai.

You’ll have that.
  • Chilis. Any Chilis. They're all god!

@texxasred on IG
  • For Tacos in the Los Angeles, CA area it's Guisados https://www.guisados.la For a high end steak restaurant it would be Smitty's Grill. https://www.smittysgrill.com Both are places that locals choose over the more popular tourist restaurants.

MikeM - Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
  • @theengineerdeer You ever been or heard of Sweet Yams? Don't let the name turn you off. It's delicious. Blacked chicken, Salmon, and the macaroni is bomb! Definitely give it a try near the Alamo Dome. Its our favorite @brad @guyggins @texxasred

This post was edited Sep 24, 2020 04:13PM

• Hollywood Jefe:
    @theengineerdeer You ever been or heard of Sweet Yams? Don't let the name turn you off. It's delicious. Blacked chicken, Salmon, and the macaroni is bomb! Definitely give it a try near the Alamo Dome. Its our favorite @brad @guyggins @texxasred

I need me some Sweet Yams right now! Yea, the sweet chili salmon with rice and salad is definitely one of my favorite lunch meals.

just do it :: IG: @guyrubio
  • Hollywood Jefe:
    @theengineerdeer You ever been or heard of Sweet Yams? Don't let the name turn you off. It's delicious. Blacked chicken, Salmon, and the macaroni is bomb! Definitely give it a try near the Alamo Dome. Its our favorite @brad @guyggins @texxasred

Macaroni?! Say no more!

This post was edited Sep 24, 2020 06:14PM

• Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood
    Opal’s Table in Midland
    Any taqueria that serves burritos in Southern California 😁

West TX 🤘🏼