Air Fryer Recipes/Tricks

Sep 23, 2020 - 8:18 PM

Viewed 279 times

• I recently bought an air fryer after hearing tone of good things about them and I love it so far. Any good tricks or things to try that I might not have heard of yet?

Johnny D Nature's Heroes IG @natures.heroes Mile High Basketball 🏀
  • I've been hearing good things also but I haven't ever eaten food out of one. Which brand is the go to brand? I'm interested in getting one.

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • Hollywood Jefe:
    I've been hearing good things also but I haven't ever eaten food out of one. Which brand is the go to brand? I'm interested in getting one.

I got a Ninja and it's done well for me so far, but think there are some other solid brands out there too

• Boys air fryer makes the food decent but the convenience is something you can’t put a price on. Throw my wings in there and walk away it’s beautiful. My wife is the one that uses it for fancy cooking. Aka she’ll throw in actual food not frozen foods

Go Noles!
  • I’m following this discussion. I’m curious. I think @bigjrads has one too. I know he’s got a regular deep fryer...but I’m interested in the air fryer.

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • I roasted some veggies last night that turned out great. Waaay easier than getting the oven heated up and prepped for a small batch of food.

• I have the capability to air fry but haven’t used the function yet. Interested to experiment with it, but don’t want to mess up my family-made egg rolls!

You’ll have that.
  • I'm interested in the air fryer. I don't have one but I've heard good things about it. I have a deep fryer, which I love.

Sure don't know what I'm going for.
  • YetiRover:
    I have the capability to air fry but haven’t used the function yet. Interested to experiment with it, but don’t want to mess up my family-made egg rolls!

I bet it's perfect for egg rolls! I've tried roasting veggies a couple times now, but haven't found the balance of getting them cooked through and also crispy yet

• Had air fryer baked potatoes this weekend. Better than microwave, but not oven good.

We have the air fryer lid for the Instant Pot, so that saves a little space.

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke
  • Bryan B.:
    Had air fryer baked potatoes this weekend. Better than microwave, but not oven good.
    We have the air fryer lid for the Instant Pot, so that saves a little space.

@bryanb Wait...there’s an Instant Pot air fryer lid!? That might be just the motivation I need to take it out of it’s box. Finally. It’s only been waiting for 23 months. 😂

• Insolent Cur:
    @bryanb Wait...there’s an Instant Pot air fryer lid!? That might be just the motivation I need to take it out of it’s box. Finally. It’s only been waiting for 23 months. 😂

The good news is that the boxes are the same size ...

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke
  • I use mine a few times a week. The air fryer makes fried food better without using oil, so I use it for amazing tofu, panko crusted avocados, anything like egg rolls or cheese sticks, pizza (great for rehearing), fried cauliflower. My advice is to google best X air fryer recipe with X being what you want to cook. The fried tofu alone beats all other ways I've tried to cook it. Enjoy!

Keep on camping!
  • Fried tofu pic. I make a green curry paste with coconut sauce with rice.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Keep on camping!
  • Tall Matt:
    Fried tofu pic. I make a green curry paste with coconut sauce with rice.

This looks awesome! I'd heard it was great for reheating pizza, but I haven't tested that out yet. It's perfect for reheating things like chicken tenders/wings though for sure!

• Quite pleased with my Air fryer even though its basic. Tried Asparagus tips, Salmon and off course French fries. Tried these instructions https://youtu.be/jaeH8AkeJNI and the Fries were guilt free :)

20210103_144847.jpg

• @nghrat that looks delicious. Worth just buying an air fryer just for that,

This post was edited Feb 15, 2021 08:59PM

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • can you kindly share your experiences about it with us thank you

• Okay. I’m getting one for the Insta-pot.