Ever had some Ghost Pepper?

Sep 26, 2020 - 6:26 PM

Viewed 221 times

• I am actually curious if anyone has actually some of this piece of fire and are here to tell the tale.

Deer's are terrible mathematicians
  • Maybe this doesn’t count. I ordered a round of wings that were ghost pepper. I was able to eat 2 of them. Took about 10 mins or so 😂 At that point is it even considered eating or a challenge. I’d do it again but maybe eat all 8 😳 LETS DO THIS

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • Hollywood Jefe:
    Maybe this doesn’t count. I ordered a round of wings that were ghost pepper. I was able to eat 2 of them. Took about 10 mins or so 😂 At that point is it even considered eating or a challenge. I’d do it again but maybe eat all 8 😳 LETS DO THIS

See I can't tell whenever food can be advertised with such because aren't there an advisory before eating them?

• The Engineer Deer:
    I am actually curious if anyone has actually some of this piece of fire and are here to tell the tale.

I’ve never eaten myself but have been there when friends have challenged each other to eat them. The look of instant regret is one I’ll never forget.

West TX 🤘🏼
  • My eyes watered up and throat clenched just thinking about it. One time my roommate had eaten food sprinkled with ghost pepper hot sauce, and I walked into the living room to find him beet red and crying. He stayed there - almost motionless -for a long time.

You’ll have that.
  • @yetirover I'd be lying if I said I didn't make this post to hear these spicy blunders

• I used to eat cherry peppers in our college bar, on a dare and win beers. These days I don’t bother with that silliness...but...my neighbor like to experiment with heat. He makes spicy beef jerky...and beef jerky so hot it defies description. He uses homemade ghost pepper CONCENTRATED OIL. Yeah, I went there. It wasn’t pleasant. I cried. There will not be a repeat performance. At this point in my life I ought to know better. 😂

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • Hollywood Jefe:
    Maybe this doesn’t count. I ordered a round of wings that were ghost pepper. I was able to eat 2 of them. Took about 10 mins or so 😂 At that point is it even considered eating or a challenge. I’d do it again but maybe eat all 8 😳 LETS DO THIS

I've done the same thing but figured it dint count, now that I think about that shit was spicy. can I revote I'm gonna count it

Go Noles!
  • Insolent Cur:
    I used to eat cherry peppers in our college bar, on a dare and win beers. These days I don’t bother with that silliness...but...my neighbor like to experiment with heat. He makes spicy beef jerky...and beef jerky so hot it defies description. He uses homemade ghost pepper CONCENTRATED OIL. Yeah, I went there. It wasn’t pleasant. I cried. There will not be a repeat performance. At this point in my life I ought to know better. 😂

That’s insane. I wonder how he tolerates the heat?

You’ll have that.
  • YetiRover:
    That’s insane. I wonder how he tolerates the heat?

@yetirover I’m assuming that the distillation or concentration process is done using a closed system, or wearing mask, gloves and goggles...or both.

I know he puts a couple drops in a pot of chili...and it’s noticeable. The really hot jerky was also made with just a few drops added to the original sauce.

I know that I’ll never taste the oil on it’s own again. It was like having a flamethrower aimed at my mouth. 🔥

• I used to work at Trader Joe's and this is one of my favorite products. It may not be as particularly spicy as the Paqui brand, (I've never tried that brand) but these are delicious. Almost like a smokey BBQ flavor. 10/10

61OwQuuPWwL._SL1000_.jpg

@texxasred on IG
  • texxasred. :
    I used to work at Trader Joe's and this is one of my favorite products. It may not be as particularly spicy as the Paqui brand, (I've never tried that brand) but these are delicious. Almost like a smokey BBQ flavor. 10/10

Yes!! We’re getting a TJ’s by the end of the year (reportedly)!

• The neighbor who likes to challenge a few of us other neighbors to try mystery peppers, brought out two different peppers tonight. One was a basic hot cherry pepper which was flavorful but not too hot. The other was a Thai pepper which was also flavorful, and just a little spicier. My days of “competitive hot pepper consumption” are over, though the little tastes are fun.

• texxasred. :
    I used to work at Trader Joe's and this is one of my favorite products. It may not be as particularly spicy as the Paqui brand, (I've never tried that brand) but these are delicious. Almost like a smokey BBQ flavor. 10/10

never seen ghost pepper chips like that, not opposed to trying them after the recommendation. TJ's actually has a decent amount of good own brand stuff.

West TX 🤘🏼
  • @insolentcur this something you think you would come out of retirement for?

71CfNFUgWAL._SL1463_.jpg

@texxasred on IG
  • @texxasred ...maybe... . 😳

This post was edited Oct 3, 2020 06:21PM

• texxasred. :
    @insolentcur this something you think you would come out of retirement for?

@hollywoodjefe @texxasred Bexar Goods one chip challenge? I think it would break the message board like the Travis Scott burger hype.

West TX 🤘🏼
  • texxasred. :

never had these but they look good. we don't have any HEB but I'm gonna try and find them

Go Noles!
  • K-Hodge:
    @hollywoodjefe @texxasred Bexar Goods one chip challenge? I think it would break the message board like the Travis Scott burger hype.

@hollywoodjefe @texxasred @khodge Against my better judgement, I’d join the challenge. 🔥

• Sounds like an event that will heated