Best Po' Boy shop in New Orleans

Sep 28, 2020 - 5:40 PM

Viewed 134 times

• I live in Jefferson Parish, Just on the border of New Orleans. I've eaten many Po'Boys in my time. If you're from here or have visited the area, jump on in and let me know what you think. My top 5 Po'Boy shops are:
    Crabby Jacks
    Domilise's Po'Boy Shop
    Parrington's
    Cooter Brown's
    Mahony's Po'Boys

Enjoy

This post was edited Sep 28, 2020 05:41PM

Sure don't know what I'm going for.
  • @bigjrads You already know my two favorite joints, and my orders at each place. Crabby Jack’s - Fried green tomatoes and shrimp remoulade (undressed), and for late night Cooter Brown’s - The Radiator (fried shrimp and fried oysters...dressed).

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • This is always good to have at the ready. Hungry just reading it. Gotta work in my list.

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • This ain’t right! I went to New Orleans last year wish I would’ve gone to one of these places! Good to know! I’m fucken hungry now tho

Go Noles!
  • @bennythejet 😂. The good thing is that you can go back! I’ve eaten Po’Boys from each of these places, and I can say with confidence that you won’t be disappointed.

Then there’s the food at JazzFest (not to mention some decent music 😉 )

• Insolent Cur:
    @bennythejet 😂. The good thing is that you can go back! I’ve eaten Po’Boys from each of these places, and I can say with confidence that you won’t be disappointed.
    Then there’s the food at JazzFest (not to mention some decent music 😉 )

True! New Orleans was fun man

Go Noles!
  • A friend of mine from Lafayette, La just opened a Cajun restaurant in Denver called Magnolia. He gets the bread shipped in from La. and the Po Boys are incredible 🤤

Johnny D Nature's Heroes IG @natures.heroes Mile High Basketball 🏀
  • I’ll have to go and check those places out next time I’m there! I love po’boys.

You’ll have that.
  • Po'boys while in the middle of Mardi Gras, something I will never forget. Domilise's Po'Boy Shop is it for me, love the location and overall vibe.

West TX 🤘🏼
  • @khodge Domilise's used to have an off the menu Po'Boy. It is fried shrimp,Roast beef gravy and Swiss cheese, dressed, with hot sauce. Since it was aired on Anthony Bourdain's show it is now on the menu. And it's called the off the menu Po'boy. I love it.

This post was edited Sep 30, 2020 10:50PM

• @bigjrads a friend went to Tulane and would have it all the time. He told me about this off the menu po’boy. I was happy to see Bourdain take a liking to it, it’s the best one in all of NOLA for me.

West TX 🤘🏼
  • @khodge , I agree, of all the Po'Boys I have eaten, that is in my top 5. I do enjoy a good shrimp Po'Boy from Crabby Jack's.

• ok ok but who's got the best oysters? I went to Dragos and it was incredible

Go Noles!
  • Benny the jet:
    ok ok but who's got the best oysters? I went to Dragos and it was incredible

@bennythejet Honestly, as pedestrian as it may be, last time I visited @bigjrads we ate at Acme and it was great. We sat at the oyster bar, ordered dishes, tipped and chatted with the guys shucking, and they kept sliding us more oysters. It was early good...and I left full of all kinds of differently prepared oysters!

• @bennythejet , I enjoy Cooter Brown’s for raw oysters, and Acme for char grilled oysters, however Drago’s is amazing.

• bigjrads:
    @bennythejet , I enjoy Cooter Brown’s for raw oysters, and Acme for char grilled oysters, however Drago’s is amazing.

Ive never heard of Cooter. I will say everyone there is torn between Acme and Drago's haha

Go Noles!