Allergies?

Oct 14, 2020 - 10:32 AM

Viewed 101 times

• My seasonal allergies have been the worst they have been in recent years. I guess thats on brand with 2020. What remedies do you usually go to when your nose is a shotgun of mucus. For me I just take a shit ton of medicine and deal with the consequences later. Benadryl, Claritin, and Zyrtec are my go too.

@texxasred on IG
  • @texxasred I don't tend to have any allergies but have you looked into natural supplements. I know it's a thing people stand by. Natural Grocers and Whole Foods has a good selection of supplements. Worth a shot.

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • @texxasred I was lucky and didn’t get seasonal allergies until I turned 40. Then it was like I walked into a world of sneezing, congestion, and watery eyes. After trying whatever I could...medications and local honey included, I settled on Flonase (Fluticasone). There are still days and sometimes just moments of allergy reaction, but that has proven most effective for me. Ymmv.

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • @insolentcur thats so weird to develop seasonal allergies later in life, but I have heard of it before. South Texas is the worst when it comes to allergies. I have seasonal allergies in 3 of the 4 seasons here😂

@texxasred on IG
  • I’ve been sneezin and snifflin for a week, and feeling kinda lethargic. The onset of seasonal allergies this year has other folks in the grocery store concerned when I sneeze. I forget about allergy season until it hits me.

You’ll have that.
  • texxasred. :
    @insolentcur thats so weird to develop seasonal allergies later in life, but I have heard of it before. South Texas is the worst when it comes to allergies. I have seasonal allergies in 3 of the 4 seasons here😂

@texxasred Turning 40 was all around weird. I developed seasonal allergies seemingly overnight. Went from one glasses Rx to three (with 5 pair of glasses). Lost about 200 lbs of useless fat (granted, I lost ~130 of that when I split with my ex-wife). And it ushered in one crazy decade (I got sober at 50). 😳 😎

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • I get really sick twice a year in Houston, and this is one of those times. I usually have to go to urgent care, where I get an antibiotic, a steroid, a decongestant, and Flonase. Or some mix of those. I’ve gotten an inhaler and other meds before, too, but those are the most common. I love Texas, but the temperatures and the seasonal allergies make think about moving.

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke
  • I am allergic too many things . Ragweed. pollen, mold, hay fever, Horses, cats ( not dogs), Since I have 2 dogs. I'm also allergic to blue cheese. I get violently ill when I even smell it. Oh, and heavily greasy food, and large amounts of chocolate, that sucks.

Sure don't know what I'm going for.
  • @bigjrads I tend to break out when I eat chocolate but I sometimes still do it haha.

• Anyone else suffer from Cedar allergies? I turn into the stay puff marshmallow man when I'm around or touching cedar.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight
  • @straydog My eyes get a little itchy but nothing crazy. Almost not noticeable.