San Antonio foods....

Nov 10, 2020 - 10:14 AM

Viewed 179 times

• Alright everyone post your favorite food joint in SA and your favorite item on the menu. I have a couple but the carnitas from Don Raul has been my go to lately. Absolutely amazing tacos in the same square where Outland air stream is located off of Broadway.

F79EA53B-AE20-4DC0-ADC8-F4D1C3DE5DD2.jpg

West TX 🤘🏼
  • My first recommendation would be Chi Chi chicken right outside of paper tiger.
    Best fried chicken strips in town hands down. I believe you can get 5 different flavors. Pictured here is The Bird medium hot. So delicious.

7B446FAF-FF7E-439A-9B6B-6F25FB1D8163.jpg

This post was edited Nov 10, 2020 11:11AM

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • @hollywoodjefe i’ll be back in town for Thanksgiving, I will be stopping by per your recommendation sir.

West TX 🤘🏼
  • Hollywood Jefe:
    My first recommendation would be Chi Chi chicken right outside of paper tiger.
    Best fried chicken strips in town hands down. I believe you can get 5 different flavors. Pictured here is The Bird medium hot. So delicious.

yeah im convinced to go check this place out as well.

SE San Antonio born and raised IG: ucasta Twitter: ucasta1
  • If your vegan or veggie, Chi Chi has a great cauliflower chicken sandwich. Curry Boys BBQ around the corner is new and I can highly recommend their curry/bbq fusion bowls. Also, I would check out Project Pollo parked at Roadmap Brewery, which is veggie/vegan chicken. Their sandwich is an awesome take on what I called the Popeye's chicken or Chick-fil-a sandwich (pic attached). As for favorite things to eat in SA, I'm gonna go with Chicken Biryani from Biryani Pot.

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 2.40.09 PM.png

Keep on camping!
  • Alamo Biscuit Company off Huebner Rd. One of my favorite restaurants in the world is Denver Biscuit Company in Colorado so when I found out about this place I hope to go. It's not as good but it's worth the breakfast😋

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 5.35.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 5.36.22 PM.png

@texxasred on IG
  • The Hayden is definitely one of my new favorites. The waffle latke is amazing.

Sorrento’s off Broadway is hands down my favorite Italian spot in town. The Lasagna de la Casa hits the spot every time.

2M is the best in town for BBQ, in my opinion. They just started doing burgers on Thursday’s too. We tried one when they were doing R&D back in July and it was one of the best burgers I ever had.

Adventurer, photographer, musician, and tikiphile.
  • @tallmatt Can definitely vouch for Project Pollo. Can't even tell it's not chicken and so good
    @hollywoodjefe Had Curry Boys a few nights ago and will definitely go back. Had the brisket bowl with their chili oil and pickles. Great combo

• Is nobody hitting up Chris Madrid's anymore? I know they had a fire, but didn't they rebuild?

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P. J. O'Rourke
  • @bryanb Thats right... I haven't heard of anyone talking about it but I do believe they have re built but I don't know any of the details.

This post was edited Jan 13, 2021 04:25PM

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • Bryan B. (@bryanb):
    Is nobody hitting up Chris Madrid's anymore? I know they had a fire, but didn't they rebuild?

They had sold to new owners prior to the fire. They rebuilt, but Chris’ sister, Diana, opened up Diana’s Burgers. I think people have been putting a bit more effort into supporting that spot.

Another favorite local spot of mine is Barbaro. Their food is fantastic, so is their cocktail program.

We also tried Smack’s Chicken Shack this past Saturday. That’s definitely another winning spot.

Adventurer, photographer, musician, and tikiphile.