What did you eat on Thanksgiving

Nov 27, 2020 - 10:05 AM

Viewed 112 times

• I'm not a big turkey lover, or even like it. Since I live in the south and it was in the 70's yesterday, I decided to grill. I marinated a lamb steak that was rather large for 24 hours. I then grilled it to a perfect medium rare. I made some stuffing, because let's face it, everyone loves stuffing. and steamed some broccoli. and that is what I made for Thanksgiving dinner. Oh, by the way, my family lives far away, so I didn't see them, but I did call them.

Sure don't know what I'm going for.
  • TURKEY!! 😂

And a whole bunch of other food! 🦃 🍽

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • @zachschoenfelt Made a delicious chicken. Help me out here Zach haha . I dont remember what it was called. The flavors were amazing. Spicy

This post was edited Dec 6, 2020 11:58AM

Instagram @thehollywoodjefe
  • It was a chicken recipe that I've been wanting to try out for a while. Gochujang Chicken, it's a sweet spicy chili paste and it was super easy. I highly recommend it. I need another reason to make it. Check it out. There's a video with instructions too. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/slow-roast-gochujang-chicken

• Zach Schoenfelt (@zachschoenfelt):
    It was a chicken recipe that I've been wanting to try out for a while. Gochujang Chicken, it's a sweet spicy chili paste and it was super easy. I highly recommend it. I need another reason to make it. Check it out. There's a video with instructions too. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/slow-roast-gochujang-chicken

@bigjrads turned me on to Gochujang sauce a few months ago. Game changer!

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - HST
  • Ate tamales that whole week. lol

SE San Antonio born and raised IG: ucasta Twitter: ucasta1
  • We had suuuuper dry turkey! the sides were perfect as can be but man.... idk how we messed up by mistakes were defiantly made. I had to submerge the turkey with cranberry or A1 sauce lol

You're Gonna Carry That Weight
  • @straydog Did it look like Christmas Vacation Food?! Damn that turkey looked disgusting.

It was a chicken recipe that I've been wanting to try out for a while. Gochujang Chicken, it's a sweet spicy chili paste and it was super easy. I highly recommend it. I need another reason to make it. Check it out. There's a video with instructions too. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/slow-roast-gochujang-chicken

Gochujang is amazing. I’ve used it on shrimp, chicken, lamb and tofu. @zachschoenfelt you are correct, it has a nice little spice to it and some hint of sweet. I get it at the Korean food store not to far from my house. I’m going to try your recipe. I watched the video, it looks like I can make it.

This post was edited Dec 12, 2020 02:18PM

• Hollywood Jefe (@hollywoodjefe):
    @straydog Did it look like Christmas Vacation Food?! Damn that turkey looked disgusting.

It was close enough😂 definitely need some cooking classes for 2021!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight
  • @straydog awwww I mean that's difficult to reproduce. ;) Good JOB!

• bigjrads (@bigjrads):
    Gochujang is amazing. I’ve used it on shrimp, chicken, lamb and tofu. @zachschoenfelt you are correct, it has a nice little spice to it and some hint of sweet. I get it at the Korean food store not to far from my house. I’m going to try your recipe. I watched the video, it looks like I can make it.

Let me know when you've tried it out. I definitely want to add it to shrimp soon. Definitely hungry now.

Let me know when you've tried it out. I definitely want to add it to shrimp soon. Definitely hungry now.

All you have to do is marinate shrimp in the Gochjang with a little oil and some garlic and ginger and saute it in a pan, a few min. per side until shrimp is pink. Serve with rice, Bok Choy, scallions, any other vegetable you want. Enjoy.